Sunday, March 21, 2010

Please forgive me, if I act a little strange

So last night I had a hot date w/ my friend Sara. We went to the David Gray concert @ the Riverside here in Milwaukee. It was definitely a new experience going to a concert where I had no idea what the show was going to be like. Oh and btw we had 4th row no big deal.


He came out around 9 and it was fantastic from the very beginning. Many of the songs I didn't know by heart seeing as I only really started listening to him a few weeks ago but that didn't matter. It was all amazing. He did play the 3 songs that I do know well: Babylon, This Year's Love, and Please Forgive Me. You can really hear him putting it all out there in his voice. I think that my favorite thing are his mannerisms and the way he moves on stage. It's all just so cool to see a different musician than my usual DMB concerts and to see what they are like in concert. It was a completely different vibe than a DMB show, kinda similar to a Dave & Tim concert. The Riverside is an older theater in Milwaukee and a very classy kind of feel to it. Even the entire band, including David Gray, were wearing suits. At the end of some songs or during some other ones there were a good amount of people standing, but since the 3 rows in front of us weren't dancing we stayed seated as well so as not to disturb the view of those in front of us. He closed w/ Please Forgive Me and it seriously was one of the best songs I've seen live. He extended it from the original version and got the crowd into it. David Gray is definitely a show I'm going to go see again and would recommend that if you get a chance to go and see him to do it.


On another note, it's March Madness and Madness doesn't even begin to descirbe how crazy this tournament has been. #9 No.IA defetaed overall #1 Kansas. Villanova lost to St. Mary's, New Mexico lost to Washington, Cornell got the first Ivy League win since 1998. There have been so many upsets and ridiculous amounts of brackets are shot to hell but that's what this tournament is about. I love it. THIS is why college basketball is the best, these teams are just incredible and it's so much fun to watch. More to come after the rest of these 1st round games are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment